RVA MORE is the unified voice for mountain biking in the Greater Richmond Virginia area.
RVA MORE was founded in 2005 as the Richmond chapter of the Mid-Atlantic Off Road Enthusiasts, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Northern Virginia/ District of Columbia that was formed in 1992. In 2013 Richmond-MORE became a chapter of IMBA (International Mountain Bike Association) and on 2014 was rebranded as RVA MORE.
RVA MORE is an all volunteer organization, is dedicated to improving the state of mountain biking in the Greater Richmond Virginia area.
Our work includes:
• Organizing rides
• Maintaining and developing trail systems
• Providing funding for trails projects
• Conducting educational programs for adults and children
• Promoting inclusion of mountain biking in parks
• Working with localities to promote and protect cyclists rights
Our work is supported through membership, donations, corporate sponsorships, and volunteer efforts.
RVA MORE has been cited as integral part to Richmond trails being recognized as “Best Urban Trail in Virginia” by the BikeWalk Virginia Governor’s Award.
RVA MORE is committed to environmentally sound and socially responsible mountain biking, facilitating recreational trail cycling, educating about the sport of mountain biking, maintaining local trails, and advocating for increased multi-user trail access.
Trail Building and Advocacy
- 2005 Northbank Trail
- 2008 City of Richmond MOU
- 2010 Forest Hill Park Trails Rework
- 2010-2011 Trail Work Summary
- 2011-2012 Trail Work Summary
- 2012 Belle Isle Skills Area
- 2012 Dogwood Dell Flow Trails
- 2012 Scout Camp MOU
- 2013 Chapel Island and Ancarrow’s Landing Trails
- 2013-2014 Trail Work
- 2014 Advocacy
- 2014 – 2015 Trail Work Summary
- 2007 Take a Kid MTB Day
- 2008 Tunes for Trails
- 2010 Trailicious
- 2013 “Where the Trail Ends” Movie Screening
- 2013 Take a Kid MTB Day
- 2014 Trailicious 2
- 2014 Tour de Fall Line
- 2014 Take a Kid MTB Day
- 2015 Trailicious 3
- 2015 Take a Kid MTB Day
- 2015 Tour de Fall Line
- 2015 Fall Trail Building School
- 2016 Trailicious 4
How Can You Be Involved?
Join our group as a member, join us for an activity, or donate to help support the important work we are doing to protect and improve green space. Great things are happening, new trails are being developed, old one’s improved, and there are fun rides and social events for those who share our love of the trails. See our calendar; don’t wait another day to explore all that Richmond has to offer to mountain bikers. No experience required!